For International Students
- I am an International Student. Am I allowed to work in Canada?
- I am an International Student. May I work off-campus?
- What is a work permit?
- How can I get a work permit?
- Can my spouse get a work permit?
- What is a Social Insurance Number?
- How can I get a Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
- I have received a job offer from one of the departments on campus. What documents do I need to apply for my Social Insurance Number?
- Once I have all these documents together, where should I go to submit the application?
- Do I have to pay taxes if I work in Canada?
I am an International Student. Am I
allowed to work in
Check your study permit for any restrictions that might be printed on it. As a general guide, International Students at MUN are currently permitted to work ONLY on-campus (in the University) or in University-run facilities off the main campus. You will not need a work permit to work on campus.
International Students may only work off-campus IF they possess a valid Off Campus Work Permit. Students can apply for this permit once they have been studying full time for 6 months out of the last 12 months