Please Enter a Search Term
Tips and things to think about...
- Get your passport ready now!
- Make sure the program/ organization is creditable.
- Get your visa well in advance of your departure.
- Make copies of all your identification and documents! Keep one
copy with family/ friends and take the other copy with you, but
keep it separate from the originals.
- Follow global news so you are aware of current events in your
destination country(s) - be aware of health risks or political
- Tell your doctor and your bank that you are going away.
- Register with Registration of Canadians Abroad (ROCA), if
- Keep a journal.
- Find out the deadlines of your program.
- Don’t forget to register for your next semester
- How long do you want to travel?
- How much money will you need? How much money will you
- How ‘full’ is your bank account?
- Have you researched your employer?
- What are the program costs?
- How easy will it be to find work once abroad?
- Do you want to go alone?
- What are the conditions of your employment?
- Do you have your passport and all other documents ready?
- How structured do you want your time?
- What language is spoken?
- Will you receive any benefits? Do you have insurance to go
- How will you keep in touch with family/ friend back home?
- Do you know where the closest Canadian embassy or consulate is
located in your destination country(s)?
- Where will you stay?
- What is the climate of your destination?