Student Volunteer Bureau (SVB)
Find out about volunteer opportunities!
There are many ways to find out about on-campus volunteer opportunities and off-campus volunteer opportunities:
1. Drop by the Student Volunteer Bureau and meet with one of our Volunteer Assistants (VAs)!
VAs are trained to help you find the most valuable volunteer experiences that match your personal, professional and academic goals! The SVB is open Monday- Friday 10:00am to 4:00pm. Apointments are not required! Just drop by at your convenience.
2. Prefer to browse? All of our volunteer opportunities are available through MyMUNLife:
To access these placements:
1. Login to www.my.mun.ca
2. Click on the "Students" tab at the top of the page
3. Click "MyMUNLife" under the "Student Services" tab
4. Click "Career", and then "Volunteer Placements"
5. You can either browse all volunteer placements, or search keywords (i.e. animals, health, children, social justice)
4. Sign up for our weekly volunteer email
We send out current on-campus and off-campus volunteer opportunities on a weekly basis. Sign up for our weekly email to receive volunteer opportunties straight to your inbox!
Volunteer Incentive Program!
Register now for the Volunteer Incentive Program! Check out the VIP Handbook for more information.
Already registered? Check out the many reflection sessions happening in July!
The Student Volunteer Bureau’s Volunteer Incentive Program (VIP), is a four-level program which combines volunteer work with personal and professional development opportunities, leadership programs, and reflection sessions. It is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in volunteer and community work, while developing skills that will enhance your academic and career goals!
1. If you would like to advertise a volunteer opportunity via our e-mail list serve, please e-mail email@example.com with the following information:
-Name of opportunity
-Details of volunteer duties
-Date of event
-Contact information/application form
Our inventory is seen regularly by students who come in looking for volunteer opportunities. The information provided will be used to refer students to placements on a regular basis. This inventory is available in-office and online!
3. Register for the Get Involved and Volunteer Expo (#GIVE2015)
#GIVE2015 is happening on Thursday, September 17th, from 11:00am-2:00pm on the 3rd floor UC, St. John's campus. This is a great way for students to find out about the many on and off campus volunteer opportunties, and a fantastic ways for on-campus and community organizations to get the word out there about their volunteer opportunities! Register ASAP to for a booth at our fair.