During the Career & Graduate School Fair, employers may speak with hundreds of students. How can you be the individual that they remember as a potential employee?
Make a positive first impression...
...and the best way to do that is to prepare. See the checklist below to help you make the most of this opportunity. You only get one chance to make a good first impression.
- Find out which companies are attending and research ones of interest. Check out the Career Fair Guide to see who's going attending.
- Update your résumé and cover letter based on your research.
- Prepare a list of questions that you may want to ask.
- Attend the Career Development Workshops.
- Plan to dress professionally and be well groomed.
During the Fair:
- Bring updated résumés, cover letters and business cards.
- Ask for business cards, pamphlets, and brochures.
- Ask questions as employers are there to speak with you. Some questions you may want to ask:
- Do you have any positions available for graduates with my degree?
- Where are most of your job opportunities located?
- What is the typical career path in your organization?
- How important is entry-level work experience?
- Do you provide on-the-job training?
After you leave:
- Follow-up on contacts that you make.
- If you contact a company that you spoke to, be sure to reference the Fair.
Visit Grad Expo 2017 to check out the schedule of speakers and information on Graduate School