Digital Media Centre
The Digital Media Centre is located on the main level of the QEII Library, at the back of The Commons. We believe that technology should be an empowering tool for teaching and learning, and our primary focus is multimedia.
Drop in to learn more about the services we offer, including:
- video and photo editing support
- free access to Adobe Creative Suite and green screen technology
- free multimedia equipment lending
- multimedia software tutoring
- scanning and colour printing
- large-scale poster printing (prices vary, depending on size of print and material used)
Contact us for more info!
Our scanners can fit variety of needs:
|Feeder Scanner||Perfect for scaning stacks of notes - scan separate pages with a single click!|
|Book Scanner||Perfect for scanning books without leaving shadows from page edges/book spines|
|Large Scanner||Scan anything from a passport photo to a tabloid paper (11” x 17”) in ultra-high resolution(3600 DPI).|
|Film Scanner||Designed to scan 35mm film negatives|
Printing can be done on standard 8.5″ x 11″ (Letter) and 8.5″ x 14″ (Legal) paper.
We also offer printing on "specialty" paper: 11″ x 17″ (Tabloid), 8.5" x 11" glossy, and cardstock. Please ask our staff for assistance when printing on specialty paper.
The cost for printing is:
|Black & White (letter/legal paper)||$0.05|
|Colour (letter/legal paper)||$0.35|
|Black & White ("specialty" paper)||$0.40|
|Colour ("specialty" paper)||$0.70|
Digital Media Hardware Lending
The Digital Media Centre also provides hardware to students looking to learn about various aspects of media. Items can be borrowed for 3 weekdays at a time. This includes;
- Nikon DSLR cameras, appropriate for photography and video
- Manfrotto tripods
- USB cardioid condenser microphones from Audio-Technica and Blue Yeti
- Wacom drawing tablets
- Handheld voice recorders
- USB CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drives
- USB headphones with attached microphones
- Assorted cables and adapters