Frequently Asked Questions
- Nominations Winter 2023 (TBD)
- Voting TBD
- Announcement of Elected Candidates TBD
- Term Sept. 1, 2023 - Aug. 31, 2026
Who can vote?
Alumni (a.k.a. Alumnus, alumna) is defined as any individual who has received a degree, diploma, post-graduate certificate, or certificate requiring undergraduate or academic admission from Memorial University of Newfoundland including Memorial College, the Marine Institute and Grenfell Campus and all predecessors. In all cases, the program of study must have been approved by the Senate of Memorial University or the Academic Council of the Marine Institute (or its predecessors).
How can I vote?
Voting will be done online and is accessible through the Alumni Engagement website at mun.ca/alumni.
I’m having trouble voting!
Before contacting us, please make sure of the following when filling out the form on the voting page:
- Last Name – if you haven’t updated your profile with us since graduation and your last name has changed, try using your last name at graduation.
- First Name – this should be your given first name and not your preferred or shortened name.
- Alumni Number – If you are in our database with an active email address, you should have received an email at the launch of voting which would have included your alumni number. Please check your junk and spam folders as emails can sometimes be flagged as spam.
If you are still having trouble voting, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-877-700-4081.
Can I change my vote after it has been submitted?
Votes cannot be changed after submission.
If a candidate must drop out during the voting process, all votes cast for that individual become null and void. Alumni who casted votes for that candidate will not be able to cast new votes in place of those lost votes.
Can I vote for less than six people?
A minimum of one person and up to a maximum of six people can be voted for but only one vote per candidate can be cast.
What time does voting end on the last day?
Voting ends at 11:59 p.m. Newfoundland time (11:29 p.m. in AST).
When are the six successful candidates announced?
The name of the successful candidates should be posted on the Alumni Engagement website, mun.ca/alumni, by the end of June 2023.
How are successful candidates notified?
The successful candidates should be notified by telephone before the end of June 2023 followed by a letter of congratulations from the Returning Officer.
Are all voting results made public?
Yes, all final results will be available to the public for a period of time on the Alumni Engagement website (mun.ca/alumni) once voting closes and all successful candidates have been notified.
I have a question!
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-700-4081.