The $40 application fee for each semester is non-refundable and payable by Visa or Mastercard. This is paid upon submission of your application.
All new applicants accepted into residence are required to pay a $500 confirmation fee. This is credited towards the cost of your accommodations. This should be paid once your room selection is complete.
Residence fees include all utilities, furnished rooms, WiFi and 24/7 security.
Paton College, traditional residence hall
- Double occupancy: $1,947 CAD, per semester
- Single occupancy: $2,202 CAD, per semester
Washrooms are shared, one per wing. Meal plans are required.
Macpherson College, suite
- Single occupancy, two bedrooms per suite: $2,591 CAD, per semester
Washrooms are semi-private and shared, one per suite. Meal plans are required.
Burton's Pond, apartment-style
- Single occupancy, two bedrooms per apartment: $2,408 CAD, per semester
One washroom per apartment. Meal plans are not required but are available.
- Two, three or four bedrooms per apartment: $1,047 CAD, per month
- Harbour Wing (hillside view): $650 CAD, per month
- Harbour Wing (ocean view): $675 CAD, per month
- Tower (hillside view): $700 CAD, per month
- Tower (ocean view): $725 CAD, per month
- Rooms (hillside view): $650 CAD, per month
Private washrooms, communal kitchens.
Interim Break Fee
There is a rate of $19/night charged for students staying outside of set semester start and end dates.
Note: Paton and Macpherson College are not available during the Spring Intersession, or Summer Semesters.
Cancellations, Refunds and Terminations
Once the room selection process is complete a student has 30 days to cancel their accommodations. If you cancel your accommodations after this deadline but before you move into residence, you will forfeit $500 which will be charged to your student account.
For new students, this $500 is the confirmation fee you pay to secure your room on campus. You can request a refund in some cases. An automatic reversal of the $500 charge will be made to students who are not accepted to Memorial University overall or students who do not receive their visa, pending submission of proof.
Termination of accommodations without valid reason will require 30 days’ notice. Residents without valid reason for terminating will receive a refund based on the 30 days after they submit their termination as long as they move out of residences within those 30 days.
Any other requests for a refund or reversal of fees must be made in writing to email@example.com, and must include any supporting documentation.