The Assessment and Care Protocol for Disturbing, Threatening or Violent Behaviour
Every member of the Memorial University community has the right to study, work and live in a safe, non-threatening environment. Memorial University is committed to providing and maintaining such an environment.
You have a duty to report behaviour which you see as disturbing, threatening or violent, and which could negatively impact members of the university community.
Disturbing, threatening or violent behaviour includes:
- Harmful or threatening to others
- Risk taking
- Poor self-care/judgement
- Substance abuse or self-medication
- Emotionally troubled
- Lack of trust and suspicion of others
- St. John’s campus:
- File an eAlert to log your concern - www.mun.ca/MIMS/
- If it’s an emergency call Campus Enforcement and Patrol - 864-4100
- Marine Institute: Security services at 778-0644
- Grenfell Campus: Campus Enforcement and Patrol at 637-2888