Student Ambassador Team
Are you interested in entrepreneurship and innovation? Are you a woman or non-binary student at Memorial? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
The MCE Student Ambassador Team is a leadership program that offers women and non-binary students at Memorial University an opportunity to develop entrepreneurial skills while learning about high-growth entrepreneurship.
As a student ambassador, you’ll receive tailored entrepreneurship and innovation training and access to a mentor. You’ll also receive access to organized activities, and, if Covid restrictions permit, travel to another location in Newfoundland and Labrador or to another startup ecosystem in North America to engage with women and non-binary entrepreneurs who are leading successful startups.
This is a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills, meet entrepreneurial peers, expand your network and have an impact on the Memorial community.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a Memorial student, whether full-time or part-time, located on St. John’s, Grenfell or Labrador campuses and are graduating after April 2023.
- You identify as a woman or non-binary person.
Applications are now closed for the 2022-2023 student ambassador team
Frequently Asked Questions
Why become a student ambassador?
Student ambassadors raise awareness about entrepreneurship on campus, build key connections, receive access to a premier network of exceptional members, and, most importantly, are part of a large movement that seeks to inspire women and non-binary individuals to become involved in entrepreneurship.
What is the timeline of the program?
- Recruitment: February 2022
- Biweekly meetings: February 2022-April 2023.
- Organize community activities: February 2022-April 2023.
- Entrepreneurship/innovation training: April 2022.
- Travel to another location in Newfoundland and Labrador or to another startup ecosystem in North America: May 2022 (subject to Covid restrictions).