Professional Development Information
Strategies for Building a High-Performing Team *IN PERSON*
Inquire below for future program dates.
Lead your team to improved levels of performance excellence.
Strategies for Building a High-Performing Team teaches evidence-based practices that will help teams thrive and improve levels of performance, decision, and idea generation. Participants will examine the benefits and pitfalls to teamwork, and explore the enabling conditions required for teams to excel. Participants will learn what skills and abilities are required for team members to bring to a group setting, and also examine why diversity and psychological safety are critical for effective teamwork. Participants will also example how personality differences and social status influence team dynamics. Using numerous experiential learning exercises, participants will work on their teaming approaches, examining the value of diverse perspectives for group outcomes, and understand some of the approaches required for teams to achieve more than the sum of their individual parts. Participants will also examine the challenges associated with getting team members to make group decisions, and how teams can work effectively with other teams.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of working in a team
- Examine the four enabling conditions to effective teams
- Identify the main skills required from team members to operate effectively within teams
- Highlight the critical nature of diversity (both surface and deep-level diversity) within teams
- Recognize the importance of psychological safety within teams
- Identify the barriers to effective teamwork
- Understand the challenges associated with group-level decisions
- Highlight the complexity that can occur when teams are required to work with other teams
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7
Strategies for Building a High-Performing Team is accredited by the CPSA Institute as providing 7 hours of pre-requisite education toward the Certified Sales Leader designation. Learn more about the CPSA Institute professional designations here.
Past Participants Said:
"The group activities are of great value to the information learned."
"Very engaging activities that showcased/ walked us through how to manage the dynamics effectively."
"Very valuable. Good information to take back to the workplace and implement. Information very relevant."