Building and Enhancing Workplace Relationships
Inquire below for future program dates.
***This course is accredited by IABC***
Develop a process to communicate more effectively to drive understanding, alignment, and outcomes with individuals and teams by gaining a better understanding of your behaviour style, and recognizing and adapting to the style of others.
Gain insight into your behavioural style, natural tendencies, and communication preferences, to elevate your self-awareness and understand how you and your team can perform at your best. Learn how to quickly recognize and validate other styles and how to adapt to minimize conflict, increase commitment and cooperation, facilitate change, improve credibility, and engage teams.
This session uses the DISC Assessment; the most widely used behavioural profiling tool of its kind, supported by decades of research and continuous validation. The goal of DISC is to help you first to build and then to maximize productive relationships. You do not have to change your personality; you simply need to recognize what drives other people and understand your options for effectively dealing with them.
This course uses a hands-on, practical learning technique with participants working through a series of worksheets activities, discussions, and case studies.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Validate your natural and adapted styles and learn how it contributes to yours and others' success
- Understand why some interactions, activities, events or people leave you feeling stressed or drained, while others leave you engaged
- Determine how to adapt your approach to better connect with others to achieve improved productivity and overall outcomes
- Appreciate others’ differences and understand how these differences can help you, your team and your organization meet your goals
- Become a more effective communicator who can better understand and diffuse conflict, facilitate change, and create individual and team 'buy-in'
Past Participants Said:
"I wish I had done this training years ago! So instructive." - Micheal Ralph - NL Legal Aid Commission
"My favourite of all the modules yet. I am so impressed with this course and the instructor. I had a great day and learned so much." - Natasha Jeffery
"Best experience to date. Heather is fun and personable. Very knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend this training to anyone." - Maryanne C., Hickman Automotive Group
This is a module in the following programs:
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7
This course qualifies as credits toward the International Association of Business Communicators' (IABC) professional certifications.
When applying to sit for either the exam for Communications Management Professional (CMP)® or Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP)® or to apply for recertification, Gardiner Centre courses can be an integral part of your application package.
To learn more about this global standard certification, visit: gcccouncil.org. To inquire about sitting for a certification exam, contact the local IABC NL chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit: iabcnl.com.