Banner 8 Login FAQ
LOGIN FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- Why can't I access the login screen?
- Why aren't the colors displaying properly?
- Hardware Requirements
- Software Requirements
- How do I get to a form?
- How do I access a form?
- What are all those flashlight icons?
- How do I change my Banner password?
There are several possible causes for this:
Permissions set by your Operating System Windows 2000, Windows XP Pro, and Windows NT users.
When you login, the browser tries to download JAVA
You need proper permissions set on your machine in order to download and install JAVA.
Contact the Help Centre at 4595 for assistance.
Outdated Browser Please ensure you at least Internet Explorer 8.0
If you are using a terminal server client (i.e. Citrix) to access the forms, you will not have access to the full color palette required. Banner requires 16-bit color to view the forms properly. Currently, in Citrix, there are only 256 colors available. We are working to resolve this issue.
- 128 MB RAM (recommended)
- 12 MB total disk space
- Pentium 300 MHz processor or greater
Internet Explorer 5.5 and above
You can access a form in two ways:
- Enter the form name in the Direct Access box.
- Locate the form via the menus on the main screen (they are broken down by module).
Here are two ways to exit a form:
- Click on the red door button on the far right on the iconic toolbar.
- Select File at the top of the screen and then select Exit.
The flashlight icons are present in forms and allow for a function such as searching. For example, they are next to ID fields and allow you to enter a search to find a student.
To change your password (Oracle), go GUAPSWD and enter your current password and a new one. You must COMMIT the change in order for your new password to take effect. If you have forgotten your password, please contact the Banner Help Desk at 6778.