We host events for alumni and friends throughout the world to network, socialize and connect with fellow alumni and to catch up with what's going on at your alma mater.
Here you'll find information on a variety of events. These events include opportunities for professional development, networking, family activities, entertainment, education and more. Check out what's going on!
Events are listed in Newfoundland Standard Time (NT).
This popular event is back! This year's event features:
- Teams of four golfers, 18 holes
- A team Texas Scramble event
- Dinner and presentations following the tournament in the Wilds banquet facility
- Each participant is provided with a gift to commemorate the event
- Individual closest to the hole, most accurate drive and putting competitions
- A Memorial University tuition award provided to any golfer scoring a hole-in-one on any hole
- All participants are eligible for a number of draw awards
- Proceeds from the tournament will go to the Memorial University Scholarship Golf Tournament Fund and the Arthur May Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship Fund
- Entries close when 32 teams (128 players) have registered.
Date: Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2022
Where: The Wilds, Salmonier River
Time: 1:00 p.m. shotgun start
Cost: $1000 per team, $1,250 team with hole sponsorship, $250 per person, $500 (hole sponsorship only).
Date: Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022
Time: 1 - 2 p.m. NT
The 2022 Affinity Newfoundland and Labrador Calgary Dinner will be a wonderful evening as we celebrate Memorial University and Newfoundland and Labrador in the heart of Western Canada.
Shanneyganock will be our featured entertainment for the evening. With fiddle, accordion and songs from hoe, the music of Shanneyganock is good for the heart and soul. Our emcee, Vicky Mulalley, Memorial alumna and stand-up comedian, has become a crowd favourite over the years and was recently featured on a Just for Laughs comedy album.
There will be plenty of food, laughter and reasons to celebrate our university and Newfoundland and Labrador, all while raising money for student scholarships at Memorial.
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2022
Time: Reception at 5:30 p.m., Dinner at 6:30 p.m.
Location: The Calgary Petroleum Club, 319 5th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB
Tickets: $150 (+4.5% service fee for a total of $156.75) per person.
Join us for a special gathering to recognize Memorial University alumni who have surpassesd this significant 50-year milestone as a graduate of our great university.
If you wish to attend and have your name included in the program, we ask that you please RSVP by Sept. 30 by emailing email@example.com or by calling 709-864-2413. To RSVP online please visit https://event-wizard.com/events/2022goldencelebration/
Reminder this event is only for alumni who have graduated 50 or more years ago.