The application deadline has passed and I would like to register for courses at Memorial University in the upcoming semester. Can I still apply for admission?
Yes, you can! Early application is always encouraged. It gives you time to receive the advice and support for new students that Memorial offers and to have your application considered before registration begins. But late applications are also invited. Please read on before you proceed.....
- Most deadlines for competitive-entry programs are strictly followed. But you can apply for general admission and will be considered for admission to any faculties or programs that are open after the deadline. You may also apply for general admission with an undeclared program.
- The Online Application for Admission is available up to the first day of classes for each semester. After that date, applicants may, in limited cases, use to the paper application form to request admission/readmission.
- Once registration for a semester has started, course availability may become limited. Acceptance to Memorial does not guarantee the availability of desired or required courses. If you wish to apply after registration has started, you are encouraged to contact the Registrar's Office (see Contact link on the menu above) before you apply to confirm course availability and that you can complete the admission process in time to begin the semester.
- International applications are not normally accepted following early June for the fall semester or the application deadline for winter or spring due to the time required to complete the application, admission, and study permit/visa application processes. International applicants are advised to apply at least three months before the start of the semester which they would like to join.
- All required transcripts and certificates must be issued to Memorial University directly from the issuing school or other authority to be considered official. Transcripts from other institutions that are submitted by students are considered unofficial.
- If you would like to receive program or course selection advice, you will find contact information here.
- Applications received after the general application deadline (link at left) will be given the greatest possible priority once your application is complete.
Have more questions? An Admissions Staff member would be happy to help you. See our contact information above.