Copying Fees and Services
MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY OF NEWFOUNDLAND
FOLKLORE AND LANGUAGE ARCHIVE (MUNFLA)
Room E4038, G.A. Hickman Building, Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, NL, A1B 3X8, Canada
Telephone: (709) 864-8401 Fax: (709) 864-4718 E-mail: email@example.com
Copying Fees and Services
*Please note: The Canadian Copyright Act outlines strict rules and regulations regarding the reproduction of archival and library materials which may affect MUNFLA’s response to your request for copies. Users are responsible for copyright and other rights requirements.
Invoices for staff research, copying and other MUNFLA services are calculated on the basis of the following rates. All amounts below include costs for materials and processing.
Photocopies and printing
Photocopies and printing -- $.50 per page
For preservation purposes, archival documents are hand-fed in the photocopier. There is an additional hourly charge of $20 for orders requiring ½ hour or more of labour.
Analog to digital transfer on CD -- $15 per half-hour or less ($30 per hour)
Digital to digital transfer on CD -- $10 per CD
Analog to digital transfer on DVD -- $15 per half-hour or less ($30 per hour)
Digital to digital transfer on DVD -- $11 per DVD
Analog to digital scan on CD -- $12
Analog to digital e-mail transfer -- $10
Digital to digital reproduction on CD -- $7
Digital to digital e-mail transfer -- $5
- There is no fee to access material in MUNFLA. There is no self-service at MUNFLA.
- All copies made by MUNFLA are for user research and private study. Permission for use of archival materials is for single use only.
- Postage and handling charges may apply based on size and weight of package. Please specify surface or airmail.
- Images used for publication on the World Wide Web must be scanned at a resolution of 72 dpi or less. No alteration of images is permitted without written permission from MUNFLA/copyright owner.
- All requests for audio-visual copies are subject to the availability of compatible equipment.
- Turnaround time for archival documents can vary. Processing is done on a priority basis as resources permit. MUNFLA cannot guarantee turnaround times.
- There is a 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) added to the cost of reproductions ordered within Canada. Payment in the form of a cheque or money order should be made payable to: Department of Financial and Administrative Services, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s NL, A1C 5S7. Please quote the invoice number on the remittance advice and mail you send.