Newfoundland & Labrador High School Applicants: Missing Requirement
The advice below is important if you are missing one or more of the requirements for final admission to Memorial University for the Fall 2019 semester, based upon your final high school transcript, and you wish to retain your registration eligibility until your admission status is resolved.
Final admission average
Learn more about how we calculate your final admission average.
Meet the requirements for Fall 2019
If you were granted provisional admission, and any of the following applies to you, your registration eligibility will be maintained if you contact the Office of the Registrar no later than 12 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019:
- You believe you are eligible, and you will apply, for the Summer Bridging Program at the Grenfell Campus in Corner Brook from Monday, Aug. 12 to Friday, Aug. 23, 2019. This program requires a separate application with a submission deadline of Tuesday, Aug 6, 2019.
- You believe that your high school transcript may contain an error and plan to contact your school or the Department of Education right away to investigate. Any changes to your high school transcript will be received by the university from the Department of Education automatically until Aug. 23, 2019.
- You plan to write one or more supplementary public exams in August. Final supplementary exam results are received automatically.
- You plan to request consideration under the special admissions category. All of the required supporting information should be provided as soon as possible and addressed as follows:
- St. John's Campus
University Committee on Admissions
c/o Office of the Registrar
St. John's NL A1C 5S7
- Grenfell Campus, Memorial University
Special Admissions Committee
c/o Office of the Registrar
Corner Brook NL A2H 5G4
We will continue to monitor your records with the Department of Education daily until Aug. 23, 2019 for any changes that may affect your eligibility for final admission. If we are able to confirm that you meet the requirements for final acceptance to Memorial, your application will be updated and we will contact you by email right away.
Meet the requirements for Fall 2020
College of the North Atlantic Comprehensive Arts and Science (CAS) college-university transfer year
If you do not meet the requirements for undergraduate admission at Memorial you may be eligible for acceptance in the CAS college-university transfer year program offered by the College of the North Atlantic (CNA). Upon successful completion of this program and submission of a new application for admission, you may then qualify for admission to Memorial University under the transfer category.
This program is only available at the following CNA campuses: Burin, Carbonear, Grand Falls-Windsor, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, and Labrador West. Interested students should visit the CNA website for program and application information or contact their nearest CNA campus.
College of the North Atlantic Comprehensive Arts and Science (CAS) transition year
If you meet the requirements for a high school diploma (at the academic level) but are not eligible for final acceptance at Memorial University for the Fall 2019 semester may wish complete the CAS - transition year program offered by the College of the North Atlantic (CNA). Upon successful completion of the program, awarding of the certificate, and submission of a new application for admission, you may qualify for admission to Memorial University.
This program is only available at the following CNA campuses: Bay St. George, Carbonear, Clarenville, Corner Brook, Distributed Learning, Gander, Grand Falls-Windsor, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador West, Prince Philip Drive and Seal Cove. Interested students should visit the CNA website for program and application information or contact their nearest CNA campus.