Improve Interview Skills
Looking to improve your interview skills? Book an employment mock interview with a career advisor.
Students can participate in a mock interview with staff from Memorial University's Human Resources (HR) every second Wednesday from 2-4 p.m. Please refer to the Student Life Calendar for upcoming HR mock interviews.
What should I expect from a mock interview?
Each mock interview will last 30 minutes and will simulate an actual interview. You will practice your interview skills for 20 minutes and in the remaining 10 minutes the interviewer will provide feedback.
How should I prepare for the mock interview?
Review information available on our Interview Tips page to learn how to prepare for an interview.
What should I bring?
Bring a copy of your resume with you so the interviewer can offer advice if you neglect to mention something relevant that the interviewer sees on your resume. If you would also like feedback on your resume, please visit one of our resume clinics.
Our office is a scent-free environment. Therefore, please refrain from wearing scented products to your appointment; if you arrive wearing scented products, your appointment may have to be re-scheduled.
How can I sign up?
Schedule your mock interview through My MUN Life:
- Login on the my.mun.ca student portal
- Go to the “Student” or “Alumni” tab
- In the “Student Services” box, click the “Launch” button
- In the popup box, click “My MUNLife”
- Once there, in the left-hand pane, select "Career", under that select “Undergraduate Career Appointments,” then “Book an Undergraduate Career Appointment”
- Next, find an available appointment in the calendar and book your appointment.