Virtual Career Fair - Tips for Students
To get the most out of your career fair experience, here are some tips
Before virtual career fair:
- Register on the Careers4Canada website prior October 29the
- Go over the Careers4Canada instructions to get more familiar with the site and upload information/documents that employers can see
- Check out our resources for launching your career
- Book a résumé advising appointment using the Navigate app, also available on mobile devices
- Prepare your device (camera and mic check, mobile instructions, and desktop instruction)
- Prepare questions in advance to get the most out of your meetings
Day-of virtual career fair:
- Dress for success, we recommend business-casual or smart casual!
- Choose a quiet, distraction-free location to be in when you're in the fair so your focus can be on connecting with employers. Fury friends can distract you by scratching your door, roommates could by playing loud music, and so on.
- Log on to Careers4Canada
- Take notes of any important information that could be useful in the future: contact information, deadline dates, hiring dates, etc.
- Good luck!