On-Campus Residences for Graduate Students
- Looking for the convenience of living on campus? Full-time graduate students are eligible for two types of on-campus residence (provided space is available): Burton’s Pond Apartments and Feild Hall Residence.
- Burton’s Pond Apartments offer undergraduate and graduate students the experience of apartment living without the apartment stress. For students with dependents, there are a number of designated family units available.
- Just a 10-minute walk to class means getting home in record time. With utilities and WiFi included, you’ll have the benefits of on-campus living with the freedom of your own place. It’s a convenient, quiet and affordable place to live and study.
- Each student apartment accommodates four students, each with a private bedroom, a shared kitchen, bathroom and living/dining room. All apartments are fully furnished. The complex includes a laundry room, mail boxes and the Internationalization Office.
- Apartments are allotted by date of housing application. Family accommodation is assigned according to a priority system.
- Feild Hall Residence is located on the north side of campus. The first floor houses Bitters Restaurant and Lounge, and the second floor houses the Graduate Students’ Union (GSU) offices and departmental offices for students. The third and fourth floors contain 29 single rooms for graduate students. Each room is fully furnished, and share a kitchen and men’s and women’s washrooms and showers on each floor.
- The majority of graduate students at Memorial University live off campus, thanks to the availability of low-cost accommodations near the university. Variety in housing, from individual rooms, apartments, and houses are available to graduate students.
- The Off-Campus Housing Office provides services and support for graduate students seeking rental accommodations, including up-to-date listings of rental properties in St. John’s.
Signal Hill Accommodations
- Memorial's Signal Hill Accommodations is located on historic Signal Hill in St. John’s, and about a 40-minute walk or an 8-minute drive from Memorial University’s St. John’s campus. Living at the Signal Hill Campus provides Memorial graduate students with a chance to be a part of a dynamic community that contributes to advancing Memorial’s Public Engagement Framework and offers a range of opportunities relating to public engagement.
- Each room has its own personal bathroom facility and comes complete with bed, furniture, as well as a refrigerator. Modern communal kitchens and common areas are available that include all amenities as well as stoves and microwaves. Laundry facilities are also located on site with modern washing and drying machines that are conveniently operated using your university campus card.
- Graduate students can apply by submitting an application form and a non-refundable application fee of $40 (Canadian funds). For more information please visit Signal Hill Campus Graduate Student Accommodations website.
- In addition to the above resources, international graduate students may wish to contact the International Student Advisor for advice on how to find an apartment, information on cost of living, and managing relationships with landlords and roommates. For more information, please refer to the Internationalization Office website.
- For information regarding on-campus housing at Grenfell Campus in Corner Brook, please visit the Student Housing at Grenfell Campus website.