On-Campus Residences for Graduate Students
- Student Residences will not be open in usual capacity. On the St. John's Campus, Burton’s Pond Apartments are the only residence community that will be open and available at this time. For more information regarding on-campus living, please visit the Student Residences website.
- Burton’s Pond Apartments offer undergraduate and graduate students the experience of apartment living without the apartment stress. For students with dependents, there are a number of designated family units available.
Just a 10-minute walk to class means getting home in record time. With utilities and WiFi included, you’ll have the benefits of on-campus living with the freedom of your own place. It’s a convenient, secure, quiet and affordable place to live and study.
Each student apartment accommodates four students, each with a private bedroom, a shared kitchen, bathroom and living/dining room. All apartments are fully furnished. The complex includes a laundry room, mail boxes and the Internationalization Office.
Single (in Burton’s Pond) - $2,408 per semester (heat and light included)
Family (in Burton’s Pond) - $1,047 per month (heat and light included)
- Feild Hall Residence will remain closed for the Fall 2020 semester.
- The majority of graduate students at Memorial University live off campus, thanks to the availability of low-cost accommodations near the university. Variety in housing, from individual rooms, apartments, and houses are available to graduate students.
- You can search for off-campus housing through Kijiji, NLClassifieds, and Facebook Marketplace. Please note that Memorial University does not maintain these sites and is not responsible for any issues that may arise with off campus housing found obtained through these sites. It is important to always view the property prior to sending deposits or signing leases.
- If you choose to live off-campus you should be familiar with the Residential Tenancies Act and the Human Rights Commission - Guideline on Rental Housing.
Signal Hill Accommodations
- Memorial's Signal Hill Accommodations is located on historic Signal Hill in St. John’s, and about a 40-minute walk or an 8-minute drive from Memorial University’s St. John’s campus. Living at the Signal Hill Campus provides Memorial graduate students with a chance to be a part of a dynamic community that contributes to advancing Memorial’s Public Engagement Framework and offers a range of opportunities relating to public engagement.
- Each room has its own personal bathroom facility and comes complete with bed, furniture, as well as a refrigerator. Modern communal kitchens and common areas are available that include all amenities as well as stoves and microwaves. Laundry facilities are also located on site with modern washing and drying machines that are conveniently operated using your university campus card.
- Single (at Signal Hill) - $700 and up per month
- Graduate students can apply by submitting an application form and a non-refundable application fee of $40 (Canadian funds). For more information please visit Signal Hill Campus Graduate Student Accommodations website.
- In addition to the above resources, international graduate students may wish to contact the International Student Advisor for advice on how to find an apartment, information on cost of living, and managing relationships with landlords and roommates. For more information, please refer to the Internationalization Office website.
- For information regarding on-campus housing at Grenfell Campus in Corner Brook, please visit the Student Housing at Grenfell Campus website.