Involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident?
If you are involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident while on university business you need to complete an Automobile Accident Report form and return it to Enterprise Risk Management.
What information should I collect?
There is some important information that should be collected at the scene of the accident as this can be very helpful in the case of an insurance claim:
- Description of damages to vehicle(s)/property
- Vehicle(s) information (year, make, model, license plate number)
- Photos of the damaged vehicle(s)/property and accident scene
- Names, phone numbers, addresses and email addresses of all
- registered owner(s)
- occupants of vehicle(s) involved in the accident
- Location of accident
- Weather conditions at the time of accident
- Brief description of known injuries
- Time of day in which the accident took place
- Company name, policy number and phone number for other insurance companies
- If applicable; police department, police report number, phone number, officer name, badge number, ambulance company, fire department