Travelling on university business?
Memorial University recognizes the need for academic, administrative and research units to travel in order to fulfill the needs of university. Whenever travelling on university business whether it be domestic or international travel, there is always risk involved.
Please review Memorial's travel policies:
- General Travel Policy
- Travel Outside of Canada Policy
- Travel - Familiarization Visit (for new employees)
- Travel - Guests Lecturers and Other Official Visitors
- Travel - Pre-Employment Interview
- Travel - Relocation and Removal
Here are some other resources to help you plan your trip:
- Memorial University's Internationalization Office
- Coverage for travelling employees and retirees (Human Resources)
- Financial and Administrative Services (responsible for processing all travel advances and travel claims for university employees, faculty, and students)
- Government Travel Advice and Advisories
- Registration of Canadians Abroad
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
The university's liability insurance policy provides coverage for university sanctioned events worldwide. It is, however, the responsibility of the participating members to ensure they have proper medical coverage for their specific destination.
Enterprise Risk Management is here to provide any person or group travelling on university business the information to properly plan and carry out all travel with piece of mind that they are covered from an insurance perspective and that in the event of an incident during your travels that we are here to assist you.
Memorial's Travel Outside of Canada Policy provides you with the information and resources you need.