Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for family accommodations for the Fall 2021 semester, we will no longer be accepting new family applications for the upcoming semester. For families who have already applied, please note that you application will be placed on a wait list. Please feel free to contact us regarding your wait list position at any time. Students will be contacted once a space opens up.
Burton's Pond consists of apartment-style residences surrounding one side of Burton's Pond. Cabot Court, Baltimore Court and Gilbert Court are dedicated to families and the remaining two courts are for independent students in their second year through to graduate students. Baltimore Court apartments are designed with 2 bedrooms and common space ideally suited to families of two or three. Cabot Court and Gilbert Court apartments are designed with 3-4 bedrooms and common space ideally suited to families of four.
Family Accommodations are available to families with or without children. A family means a single parent living with their children, a couple living together in a continuous relationship or a couple living with their children. Children must reside full-time in the residential premises. Memorial University will consider alternative family configurations with express permission from the Director of Student Residences or delegate.
Only the Resident and the approved occupants are allowed to reside in Family Accommodations, unless there has been prior permission from the Director of Student Residences or delegate. Residents must advise Student Residences within ten (10) days of any changes to the status of current occupants.
The number of approved occupants cannot exceed the maximum as permitted below. The maximum number of occupants per unit cannot exceed:
2 bedroom apartments:
- Two adults or
- One or two adults with one or two children under the age of nineteen (19)
3 or 4 bedroom apartments:
- One or two adults with one to four children under the age of nineteen (19).
$1,047 CAD, per month
There are a variety of apartment floorplans available in our family accommodations.
Four bedroom floorplans (available in Cabot Court)
Three bedroom floorplan (available in Cabot Court)
Two bedroom floorplan (available in Baltimore Court)
What should I bring?
The following is a list of suggested items to bring with you when you live on campus.
- Clothes hangers
- Cleaning supplies - rubber gloves, cleaning rags, all-purpose cleaner, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, paper towel, broom, mop and bucket, toilet brush, toilet plunger, oven cleaner, dish soap, dish scrubber
- Kitchen supplies - cups, dishes, storage containers, toaster, blender, microwave, coffee maker, utensils, baking sheets, pots, pans, bowls, kitchen knives, measuring cups, oven mitts, tin foil, plastic wrap, garbage bags, hand and dish towels, sponges, can opener, sissors, cookbook(s), tablecloth, dish rack, placemats, garbage can
- Room decor
- Laundry basket
- Iron and ironing board
- Power bar with surge protector
- Flashlight and batteries
- School supplies
- Warm clothes
- Water resistant jacket