Spanish Minor Program
A Minor in Spanish consists of a minimum of 24 credit hours in Spanish from the official Spanish course offerings of the Department of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures (Spanish division), as listed in the University Calendar.
Students fufilling a Minor in Spanish as part of degree requirements for the Bachelor of Arts must also ensure they meet all other requirements required by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Why Select Spanish as a Minor?
- Opportunity to learn and explore a new language and culture
- Heighten the potential to find employment in Spanish-speaking areas, including the United States of America, Latin America and many areas of Europe, especially Spain
- Enhance your marketability to future employers requiring Spanish language
- Study abroad through Memorial University immersion experiences
- Explore many parts of the world ranging from Latin America to Spain to Cuba