Apple iPad - Services and Support
For a detailed description of ITS's iPad service offerings please refer to our Service Catalogue here.
What is Apple's iPad?
The iPad is a touch-screen tablet computer and media player. Its computing capabilities position it between a smart phone (e.g. iPhone) and a laptop computer. Several models are sold with varying storage capacities, some of which support wireless Internet access over "3G" cell phone networks. (All models support WiFi connections to local wireless networks.)
What iPad models do you support?
C&C services can be extended to all iPad versions. (Current versions being sold by Apple are the iPad 3 and iPad Mini)
Does C&C sell iPads?
iPads for university departmental use can be purchased from IT Procurement. University Departments wishing to have 3G wireless billing paid for by Memorial should contact the C&C Service Desk at 864-4595 or email@example.com.
What C&C services can I use on the iPad?
- Internet access via MUN Wireless or 3G (if enabled)
- Access to MUN email (Memorial Exchange, MUN Webmail or MUNmail)
- Access to the Voyager Fileshare or V-Cloud. (Requires installation of Filebrowser app or equivalent). Document editing can be handled by numerous apps available from the Apple Appstore
- Secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections to the Memorial Network (MUNet). For more information on VPN please see our Service Catalog here.
What apps do I need?
The Apple App Store is filled with hundreds of thousands of business related applications for use on the iPad and iPhone. For business use related to C&C Services we can suggest a number of apps that you may find useful:
- Filebrowser (for Voyager fileshare access)
- Pages (MS Word equivalent)
- Numbers (MS Excel equivalent)
- Keynotes (MS Powerpoint equivalent)
- iSSH - remote access client (allows for a remote desktop connection)
- Memorial VPN software (available from C&C)
Does C&C provide hardware support?
No. C&C's iPad support extends only to the services we provide that can be utilized on the device. Hardware support would normally be provided under an AppleCare warranty and service should be performed by an authorized Apple service provider.
Who can I contact if I need support?
Support questions regarding C&C services offered for the iPad should be directed to the C&C Service Desk. The Service Desk is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Monday to Friday. Summer hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..
Service Desk contacts:
Counter Service: HH2012
Web: Online Request Form
Who do I contact for more information?
Interested clients are encouraged to contact the C&C Service Desk at 709-864-4595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.