Step 2: Check eligibility and deadlines
|Home||Step 1: Options||Step 2: Eligibility||Step 3: Finances||Step 4: Apply||Step 5: Prepare|
After you have been formally selected for exchange through your home university's selection process, your International Coordinator, Faculty, or Office can nominated you for a one, two, or three semester exchange at Memorial University.
To be nominated, please have your home coordinator complete this nomination form. The form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
|Semester*||Nomination Deadline||Application Deadline|
|Fall (September - December)||15 March||15 April|
|Winter (January - April)||15 September||1 October|
|Spring (May - August)||15 January||1 February|
|Emerging Leaders of the Americas Scholarship (ELAP)||---||Late March|
(not yet called for 2019-2020)
|Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED)||---||27 February 2019|
|University of the Arctic North2North||15 February 2019|
* Please check the university calendar for exact semester start and end dates.
Student exchange programs are open to students nominated by one of our partner universities and UArctic member institutions. Please contact your university's international exchange office for details about the nomination process.
Once you are nominated, you will be provided with specific application instructions including the application code that will be necessary to complete your online application.
In general, we are looking for students with the following criteria:
- At least one year of undergraduate academic study completed
- A grade point average of approximately 2.5 (scale of 4) - but we will defer to our partner's evaluation of the nominee
- Strong command of the English language when it comes to academic purposes
- IELTS of 6.5 (minimum band scores of 6 in each section)
- Internet-Based TOEFL (iBT) of 79 (with a variety of minimum scores)
- Other measures of English proficiency