Privacy Rules! Privacy Tools!
These privacy compliance resources will assist employees in protecting personal information of students, employees, alumni, retirees, donors, library and bookstore patrons and others.
Privacy training is mandatory for all Memorial University employees. Please contact us to arrange a session for your unit.
Mandatory under Policy
- Privacy Compliance Checklist - A compliance check-list is mandatory for all new projects involving the collection, use, retention and/or disclosure of personal information. It can be used to assess electronic data stores or paper records. This check-list will enable you to identify privacy gaps in your project or areas of non-compliance.
- Privacy notices - Whenever you collect information directly from a person, the form you use (whether online or paper) must contain a privacy notice. These samples can be used to help with the development of privacy notices for use in your department.
- Privacy Schedule (Canada)
- Privacy Schedule (outside Canada) - Privacy Schedules (within/outside Canada are mandatory for all agreements with external parties (e.g., consultants, contractors, etc.) involving personal information: A privacy schedule states the privacy obligations of the external party in respect of personal information.
- Researcher Agreement - To be completed by researchers seeking access to data held by the university.
- Confidentiality Agreement - This can be used by departments with temporary, contractual, or student employees and volunteers to ensure they understand and respect privacy obligations.
- Consent to Disclose Personal Information - Use this template to create your own consent form to use when an individual requests you to disclose their personal information to a third party.
- Employee Guidelines for Managing ATIPP Requests