CUPE PD Fund
University employees who are members of CUPE 1615 are eligible to apply for funding to support their professional development goals and objectives.
The CUPE Professional Development Fund has been in place since April 1, 2009 and has an annual budget of $50,000.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FUNDING SUPPORT
If you wish to apply for funding assistance, please utilize the Application Submission Checklist below to ensure your application package is submitted in full. The CUPE Professional Development Fund Committee cannot render a decision on your application if it is incomplete.
Applications will be reviewed monthly by the CUPE Professional Development Fund Committee and the decision will be communicated to applicants and their departmental representatives in writing.
Applications should be submitted, at a minimum, one (1) month prior to the commencement of the professional development activity. Please endeavor to submit your complete applicationpackage with as much advance notice as possible.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION INFORMATION
The application form must include a breakdown of all costs associated with the professional development activity. These costs can include, but are not limited to, air transportation, ground transportation, meals, registration fees, and accommodations. Please refer to the Travel – General Policy for information.
Use the Application Submission Checklist below to ensure you have included all required information with your sumbission. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered by the Committee and will subsequently be returned to the applicant.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the efforts they have made to secure funding from other sources. The preferred arrangement would be a cost-shared commitment from the employee's department, school or faculty to support 50% of the total cost.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
- Prior to submitting your application for funding, please ensure you have included the following information:
- Signed application form (i.e. by applicant and applicant's supervisor)
- Explanation of benefit to employee and department, school, faculty
- Development activity details (i.e. program brochure, agenda, etc.)
- Detailed breakdown of all costs associated with development activity in CANADIAN DOLLARS (note that professional association fees, membership fees, exam fees, distance education fees, program materials and course materials are not funded under this program)
- Proof of costs associated with development activity (i.e. receipt or quote for tuition, conference registration, etc.)
- Proof of costs associated with travel to development activity if applicable (i.e. receipt or quote for airfare in form of itinerary, accommodation, meals included with accommodation or venue, per diems, etc.)
- Proof of department/school/faculty funding support available (i.e. letter of support from Dean/Director/Administrative Head acknowledging funding contribution)
- Member of CUPE Local 1615
- Previous professional development in last two (2) years
- Amount of financial commitment from department, school or faculty
- Benefit to the employee and department, school or faculty
- Application submission must be received in full with all required applicable information attached
Completed applications are to be submitted to the attention of Co-Chair CUPE PD Fund Committee, Department of Human Resources, Arts & Administration Building, A-4040. Completed applicationsmay also be submitted via email CUPE PD Fund. Please quote, "CUPE PD Fund Application" in the subject line.
For information concerning this fund please contact Ms. Tammy Poirier, Co-Chair CUPE PD Fund Committee. General inquiries may also be directed to other Committee members or email CUPE PD Fund.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PHONE
Theresa Antle, CUPE 1615 864-2393
Peggy Chafe, CUPE 1615 864-7992
Linda Corbett, Management 864-7956
Diane Johnson, CUPE 1615 637-6249
Heather Stamp-Nunes, Management 864-8364
Tammy Poirier, Management 864-3570
Fred Walsh, CUPE 1615 864-8322