Professional Development Information
Supervisory Management Skills Program: Managing Employee Relations
Inquire below for future seminar dates.
Gardiner Centre courses and programs can be delivered just for your team!Get this training for your team
***This module is accredited by IABC***
Minimize interpersonal conflict, understand labour relations and improve the overall employee/ employer relationship through positive employee development.
Employee relations involves maintaining a positive employee/employer relationship that contributes to employee productivity, motivation, and morale. This module explores how supervisors can best resolve workplace conflicts and employ the best practices of employee development.
The Managing Employee Relations module is built around five core topic areas:
- Conflict Management and Resolution explores the types of conflict encountered in the workplace and teaches strategies for effective conflict resolution. Master conflict resolution-focused communication practices and techniques.
- Engaging and Motivating Employees defines leadership and guides participants through the various leadership styles to choose the style that is best suited to their leadership strengths, the values of the organization and the employees they supervise.
- Understanding Workplace Harassment and Stress addresses workplace mistreatment (including incivility, harassment, bullying, and ostracism) in terms of the causes, impacts, and ways to help prevent it that go beyond simply policy. In addition, participants will learn specific techniques to help reduce stress to help reduce some forms of mistreatment but also to help with recovery.
- Leading Organizational Change provides strategies to guide others through the change transition process and create understanding, acceptance and buy-in of the change. Be able to lead your team through change with confidence and assurance.
- Employment Law for Supervisors teaches the essential employment laws that protect the rights of your employees to create a better employee/employer relationship. Be able to know and enact your employees rights when required.
Managing Employee Relations is a module of the Supervisory Management Skills Program. The program includes three, five-day modules.
The program instructors provide an interactive learning experience using group discussion, case studies, self-assessment activities, structured exercises, and skills practice to deliver module content.
After each module in the Supervisory Management Skills Program, participants will receive a certificate of completion. For those individuals who complete all three modules of the program, a Certificate of Achievement in Supervisory Management Skills will be awarded.
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 35
This course qualifies as credits toward the International Association of Business Communicators' (IABC) professional certifications.
When applying to sit for either the exam for Communications Management Professional (CMP)® or Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP)® or to apply for recertification, Gardiner Centre courses can be an integral part of your application package.
To learn more about this global standard certification, visit: gcccouncil.org. To inquire about sitting for a certification exam, contact the local IABC NL chapter at email@example.com, or visit: iabcnl.com.
"Practical interactive and enables participants to learn the latest business strategies."
"Best training I've ever done!!!"
"Motivated me to meet the challenges of being a supervisor."