Building Influence and Persuasion
Inquire below for future program dates.
Influence and persuade other people, without using formal authority, to increase your workplace relationships, effectiveness, reputation, and business success.
We are constantly feeling the impact of others simply through the way they carry themselves, the words they choose, and the personal attitude they hold. The same is true for how others feel about you! People will be drawn to, or away from others because of words, body language, and personal attitude.
This course focuses on the four types of influence and shares the top influencing skills you can use to persuade, influence and gain traction at work. Whether you want to convince someone of an idea, or simply want to improve your workplace relationships, building your influence skills will help you get there.
Through direct application, practice, and peer and instructor feedback, participants will gain a deep understanding of their influence style and how to use it to create better success outcomes. During the last part of the course, participants will create an individualized action plan to improve their influencing approach, style and behaviour going forward.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Review the successful factors for influence and define what influence is.
- Recognize the importance of impression management as a part of building influencing reputation and credibility.
- Identify your unique personal influencing style.
- Assess and apply the four influencing types and the core six influencing strategies.
- Develop a concrete action plan for implementation within your workplace.
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7