Space Planning and Administration
Space Standards & Guidelines
2.0? PRINCIPLES OF SPACE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The principles of Memorial’s space management system are as follows:
- Efficiency and Effectiveness.? Space utilization across all units is to be tied to levels of activity.? Space is to be accounted for and assigned according to its utilization.??
- Equity.? Space allocation to units is closely related to their present and projected levels of activity.? Standard definitions of space drivers will ensure that all units receive a reasonable portion of total space.
- Accountability.? Administrators are responsible for ensuring that all space within their units is effectively utilized.
- Transparency.? All stakeholders have access to information on space system development, policy development, and space utilization across all units of the university.?
- Currency. Information is available and up to date.
- Simplicity. System is not bureaucratic or difficult to manage, and stakeholders easily understand the allocation system.?
- Adaptability.? Space allocations are tied to
future needs and can be adapted readily in response to internal and
Strategic.? The use of space and prioritization of allocation is tied to Memorial’s mission and long-term goals.
- Strategic.? The use of space and prioritization of allocation is tied to Memorial’s mission and long-term goals.
- Memorial-Specific.? The system is tailored to
reflect the particular nature of Memorial’s mission,
priorities, resources and infrastructure.