International Giving

Memorial University has never been more connected to the international community than it is today. Our students gain valuable international experience through our many work, study, and research programs. We bring the world to our doorstep by attracting a growing number of international students to our campuses, and many of our alumni have taken up residence abroad, sharing their knowledge on the international stage. Memorial’s reach spans the globe, and that’s something to be proud of.

Whether near or far, alumni and friends of Memorial University are a valuable part of our community, and you don’t have to live in Canada to show your support.

American Residents:

Memorial University alumni and their families (ie. spouses, children, grandchildren, parents, siblings) may make donations directly to the University in U.S. dollars. Under the Canada-United States Income Tax Convention, the charitable tax receipt you receive from the University can be used for U.S. income tax returns.

American residents who are not related to alumni of Memorial University, as well as corporations and foundations can contribute through Friends of Memorial Foundation, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization recognized under the US Internal Revenue Code. Contact our office for more information.

Residents of Other Countries:

We encourage residents from other countries to consult their own financial advisors for tax advantages pertaining to philanthropic gifts towards Memorial.

If you would like to speak directly to someone about making a gift to Memorial University, please call 1 (709) 864-4354, toll free at 1-877-700-4081 or email



Alumni Engagement

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000