The Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science offers a program in Environmental Systems Engineering and Management (ESEM) leading to the Degree of Master of Applied Science. The program is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
The program is offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science and will be administered by a Board of Studies appointed by the Dean of Engineering and Applied Science.
Admission is limited and competitive.
To be considered for admission, applicants shall normally hold a Bachelor's Degree in engineering preferably in civil/environment/chemical/processing/petroleum engineering or equivalent from a recognized university with an aggregate mark of 75% or above.
To be eligible for consideration for admission, applicants will meet the English Proficiency Requirements described under General Regulations Qualification for Admission.
The Degree program requires the completion of 30 credit hours.
6 credit hours comprising a project course 960A/B.
15 credit hours comprised of 9601, 9609, 9626, 9627, and 9628.
9 credit hours (three courses) to be selected from 9603, 9605, 9610-9615, 9621, 9622, 9624, 9625, 9629, 9630, ENVE/ENVS 6001, ENVE/ENVS 6002, ENVE/ENVS 6003, and Geography 6250
Students must obtain a grade of at least 65% in all program courses to receive credit for the course towards their program requirements. Any student who fails to receive 65% or more in a course, must repeat the course in the case of core courses, or must either repeat or replace the course with another program course in the case of elective courses. Any student who receives a grade of less than 65% in two courses or in a repeated course will be required to withdraw from the program.
- 960A Environmental Engineering Project (0 credit hours)
- 960B Environmental Engineering Project (6 credit hours)
- 9601 Environmental Pollution and Mitigation (cross-listed as ENVS 6004)
- 9603 Environmental Sampling and Pollutant Analysis (cross-listed as ENVS 6005)
- 9605 Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 9609 Environmental Risk Assessment (cross-listed as ENVS 6007)
- 9610-9615 Special Topics in Environmental Science and Engineering
- 9621 Soil Remediation Engineering
- 9622 Environmental Statistics
- 9624 Air Pollution (cross-listed as ENVS 6008)
- 9625 Environmental Impacts of Offshore Oil and Gas Operations
- 9626 Environmental Management System
- 9627 Environmental Systems Engineering
- 9628 Environmental Laboratory
- 9629 Environmental Policy and Regulations
- 9630 Pollution Prevention
- ENVE/ENVS 6001 Earth and Ocean Systems
- ENVE/ENVS 6002 Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology
- ENVE/ENVS 6003 Applied Ecology
- Geography 6250 Conservation of Natural Resources