The Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science offers a program in Oil and Gas Engineering leading to the degree of Master of Applied Science in Oil and Gas Engineering (M.A.Sc.(OGE)). The program is available on a full-time basis.
The program is offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science and will be administered by a Board of Studies appointed by the Dean of Engineering and Applied Science.
Admission is limited and competitive.
To be considered for admission, applicants shall normally hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferably in Mechanical, Chemical/Process, Civil, Environmental, Mining/Mineral, or Petroleum Engineering, or in a related engineering discipline from a recognized university with an average mark of 75% or above.
To be eligible for consideration for admission applicants will meet the English Proficiency Requirements described under General Regulations, English Proficiency Requirements.
1. The degree program requires the completion of 30 credit hours.
6 credit hours comprising a project course Engineering 910A/910B.
15 credit hours by completing Engineering 9113, 9114, 9110, 9118 and 9120
9 credit hours (three courses) to be selected from Engineering 9002, 9015, 9111, 9112, 9116, 9117, 9119, 9120, 9420, 9609, 9624, 9625, 9901, 9902, 9989. Engineering 9117 is a recommended elective course for students without adequate background in petroleum engineering.
- 9002 Ocean Engineering Structures
- 9015 Ocean Engineering Hydrodynamics
- 910A OGE Project Course (0 credit hours)
- 910B OGE Project Course (6 credit hours)
- 9110 Advanced Petroleum Production Engineering
- 9111 Well Testing
- 9112 Multiphase Flow
- 9113 Phase Behaviour of Petroleum Reservoir Fluids
- 9114 Advanced Reservoir Engineering
- 9116 Reliability Engineering
- 9117 Offshore Petroleum Geology and Technology
- 9118 Advanced Drilling Engineering
- 9119 Compact Process Equipment Design
- 9120 Advanced Natural Gas Engineering
- 9121 Advanced Safety, Risk and Reliability Modeling
- 9420 Engineering Analysis
- 9609 Environmental Risk Assessment
- 9624 Air Pollution
- 9625 Offshore Environmental Operations
- 9901 Fundamentals of Fluid Dynamics
- 9902 Advanced Transport Phenomena
- 9989 Special Topics Course - Corrosion Principles, Prevention and Control