Bachelor of Science (General and Honours) degrees are available in Environmental Science, General Science and Psychology.
Minors are available in Environmental Science, Mathematics, Science.
An articulation agreement has been established with the College of the North Atlantic for those students who have completed the three-year Environmental Technology diploma program and who wish to obtain a Bachelor of Science degree (Major in Environmental Science).
Program Chair: Dr. Don-Roger Parkinson
The Major consists of an Environmental Science Core which provides a broad appreciation of the interrelationships inherent in any study of the environment and one of two possible streams which provide the depth and focus for the degree program.
Environmental Science Core
The student must complete at least 45 credit hours as follows:
At least two of:
At least three of:
*It is strongly recommended that students considering the Chemistry stream of the Environmental Science program complete these courses in their first year.
**This course is strongly recommended for the Biology Stream of the Environmental Science program.
Environmental Science Streams
Students must complete at least 39 credit hours in one of the following streams:
- Biology 2010, 2122
- Chemistry 1200/1001 sequence or Chemistry 1011/1031 sequence or Chemistry 1050/1051 sequence, and one of Chemistry 2210 or 2300 or 2440 or 2400/2401 sequence, or Chemistry 1010/1011 sequence and Chemistry 2440
- ENVS 3110, 3130 3131, 4132, 4140 (or equivalent field course)
- Two of Envs 4069, 4131, 4133, 4240, 4479
- one additional laboratory (Science/Statistics/GIS) course beyond the first year level excluding Environmental Science Core courses. A course used to fulfill a stream requirement cannot also be used as a Group c. course in the Environmental Science Core.
- Chemistry 1200/1001 sequence or Chemistry 1011/1031 sequence or Chemistry 1050/1051 sequence. It is strongly recommended that students complete one of these sequences of Chemistry courses in their first year.
- Chemistry 2210, 2300 and 2400/2401 or equivalent
- Environmental Science 2261, 3210, 3211, 3260, 3261, 4230
- Two of Environmental Science 4069, 4131, 4240, 4249, 4479
- Mathematics 1001 which should be completed in the first year of studies