4.6 Bachelor of Recreation
The full-time and part-time Bachelor of Recreation is comprised of 120 credit hours as set out in Table 8 Bachelor of Recreation - Course Requirements.
Students admitted part-time should consult with the School's Academic Student Advisor regarding course sequence.
Table 8 Bachelor of Recreation - Course and Credit Hour Requirements
Courses Required for Application
- English 1080
- English 1110 or equivalent
- Mathematics 1050 and 1051, or Mathematics 1090 and 1000
- Three credit hours from non-HKR courses
- HKR 2000, 2300, 2310, 2320, 2505, 2515, 2545, 2585, 3340, 3525, 3535, 3555, 3565, 3575, 4555, 4575, 4585, 4600
- Psychology 1000
- Psychology 1001
- Sociology 1000 (or equivalent)
- Business 1000
- Business 1201
- Statistics 2500
- A minor of at least 24 credit hours from the minor programs listed in the appropriate faculty or school regulations, in accordance with the minor program regulations listed under the appropriate faculty or school.
- 12 credit hours in HKR courses other than those listed under Required Courses
- (Honours degree candidates must include HKR 4610 in their program in place of one of these electives) Students who complete only Mathematics 1000 must include an additional 3 credit hours from non-HKR courses in their program. As needed, students must complete additional non-HKR courses to satisfy the 120 credit-hour requirement for the degree