- Executive Committee
- Simms, Dr. É., Acting Director and Chair
- Carbonella, Dr. A., Department of Anthropology
- Hiller, Dr. J., Department of History
- Sharpe, Dr. C., Department of Geography
- Stanbridge, Dr. K., Department of Sociology
- Tye, Dr. D., Department of Folklore
- Ex Officio
- Potter, A., Manager, ISER Books
- Feehan, Dr. J., Chair, J.R. Smallwood Foundation for Newfoundland and Labrador Studies
- Virtute Officii
- Wolinetz, Dr. S., Acting Dean of Arts
- ISER Master Fellowships
- Barnable, K.S., B.A. Memorial
- Jurakic, I., B.A.(Hons.) McMaster
- Reschny, J., B.A. Northern British Columbia
- ISER Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Hunter, M., (Renewal), B.A.(Hons.), M.A. Memorial, Ph.D. Hull, UK
- ISER Books Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Kearney Guigné, A., B.A., M.A., Ph.D. Memorial
- Administrative Staff
- Harding, M., Administrative Staff Specialist
- Collins, R., Secretary
Purpose And Mandate
The purpose of the Institute shall be to undertake, sponsor, and publish research within such disciplines and in such parts of the world as are deemed of relevance to Newfoundland and Labrador. Without limiting the generality of the above, research pertaining directly to social and economic development in Newfoundland and Labrador shall be of special importance.
The Institute is an integral part of, and not an autonomous appendage, of the University. It is so organized that all its officers serve the University in other capacities and it is ultimately responsible to the President and Board of Regents of the University. The management of its affairs is vested in an Executive Committee, while the day-to-day responsibilities are in the hands of the Director and the Manager assumes daily responsibility for ISER Books.
In general, ISER fellowships function to supplement and stimulate research interests of faculty and graduate students in the social science departments. Terms and conditions of ISER fellowships may be obtained in writing to ISER, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1C 5S7, or by telephone to (709) 737-8156, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the website at www.mun.ca/iser/.
Mr. A. Potter, Manager
The Institute publishes research in the social sciences - more than 90 titles to date. Many of the books originate in research undertaken by ISER itself. Some notable ISER books, however, have originated outside the Institute. Authors are invited to submit completed manuscripts within such disciplines and about such parts of the world as are deemed of relevance to Newfoundland and Labrador - whether the focus is contemporary or historical, natural resource management, or the management of social and cultural resources. Further information may be obtained in writing to ISER Books, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1C 5S7, or by telephone to (709) 737-7474, or my email to email@example.com, or through the website at www.mun.ca/iser/.