The Centre for Management Development collaborates with the P.J. Gardiner Institute for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (PJG) as Envision Alliance, a partnership which allows for greater efficiency in operations and an enhanced ability to deliver management and entrepreneurial initiatives in the local, national and international arena.
- Morrissey, B., Director, CMD
- Simmons, B., Interim Director, PJG
- Costello, S., Associate Director, The Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Gateway
- Mosher, D., Associate Director, Family Business
- Gardiner, S., Associate Director, Financial Leadership
- Power, R., Business Consultant
- Butler, S., Business Consultant
- Mahaney, G., Program Coordinator
- Arscott, S., Program Developer
- Collins, J., Client Relationship Coordinator
- Miller, C., Office Administrator
- Nixon, P., Administrative Staff Specialist
- Keefe, M., Accounting and Administrative Clerk
- Robinson, J., Client Service Specialist
The CMD was established within the Faculty of Business Administration at Memorial University of Newfoundland in 1980. Its mission is to facilitate excellence in managerial development by working with organizations to determine their specific needs, and to arrange for the delivery of products or programs which best meet these needs.
The CMD acts as an intermediary between the client and the available sources of managerial development expertise. The focus of our efforts, and our principal responsibility, is the monitoring and maintenance of quality throughout the managerial development process from design through delivery and follow-up. We do not maintain our own permanent program delivery staff.
The CMD works with a variety of organizational clients from both the private and public sectors, including professional and industry associations, and not-for profit agencies and groups. In addition, it continues to offer a range of professional development programs throughout the year.
Each year the CMD runs an Executive Development Program (EDP), presenting participants with leading edge management techniques that focus on organizational success, effective performance, quality and competitiveness. Faculty for the EDP regularly include facilitators from across North America and Europe.
The CMD's state-of-the-art facilities are located on the fourth floor of the Faculty of Business Administration building at the University and include various styles of classrooms, work areas, dining facilities, and a participant lounge. Further information may be obtained by contacting the Centre by telephone at (709) 737-7977, or by fax to (709) 737-7999, or through the website at www.mun.ca/cmd, or by e-mail to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.