Mercier Lab -- People
- Justin So (2006-09) -- Determination of growth, habitat utilisation, predation and geneflow in Newfoundland populations of sea cucumbers Cucumaria frondosa.
- Zhao Sun (2006-09) -- Reproductive biology of deep-sea soft corals in the Newfoundland & Labrador region. Co-supervisor E. Edinger (Biology).
- Sandrine Baillon (2008) -- MSc internship from University of Western Brittany. Gametogenic synchronicity with respect to time, depth and location in three species of deep-sea echinoderms.
- Gina Doyle (2008-11) -- Influence of environmental factors and spatial distribution on the reproduction of brittle stars.
- Katie Gale (2011-13) -- Deep-sea Asteroidea of eastern Canada: trophic ecology and species interactions.
- Katie Verkaik (2013-15 ) -- Impact of CO2-driven ocean acidification on reproduction in marine invertebrates.
- Bruno Gianasi (2013-15) -- Fisheries and aquaculture related biometrics of the sea cucumber Cucumaria frondosa: resistance to stress and influence of diet on lipid composition.
- Matt Osse (2013 - ) -- Indicators of petroluem product exposure in benthic cold-water marine invertebrates.
- Justine Ammendolia (2014 - ) -- Life under pressure: responses of echinoderms to hydrostatic pressure and other stressors.
- Zhao Sun (2009-12) -- Occurrence and significance of offspring size variations: insights from brooding marine invertebrates.
- Sandrine Baillon (2010-14) -- Characterization and role of major deep-sea pennatulacean corals in the bathyal zone of eastern Canada.
- Emaline Montgomery (2013 - ) -- Passive propagules or selective searchers: behaviour in marine invertebrate larvae.
- Camilla Parzanini (2014 - ) -- Food webs at bathyal depths along the continental slope of eastern Canada.
- Bruno Gianasi (2015 - ) -- Exploring the potential of the commercial sea cucumber Cucumaria frondosa as an aquaculture species in NL.
- Jiamin Sun (2015 - ) -- Biology of the sea cucumber Cucumaria frondosa relative to its potential use in integrated multi-trophic aquaculture (IMTA).
- Libin Zhang (2011 and 2012) -- Visiting from Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Meghan Goobie (2008-09) -- The ecology of brittle stars in rhodoliths.
- Meredith Schofield (2008-09) -- Feeding ecology of deep-sea symbiotic species.
- Emily Doncaster (2009) -- Predation on lecithotrophic larvae.
- David Ross (2010-11) -- Egg size and reproductive strategy in shallow-water vs. deep-sea echinoderms.
- Sandy Hamilton (2010-11) -- Competitive aspects of shell selection by hermit crabs.
- Matthew English (2011-12) -- Comparative study of sclerites in deep-water pennatulacean corals.
- Jessica Melvin (2013-14) -- A comparison of the cnidoms of four coastal species of sea anemone (Cnidaria: Actiniaria): Behavioural and morphologic relevance.
- Leah Robertson (2014-15) -- Feeding ecology of deep-sea sponges.
- Brittney Stuckless (2016-) -- Components and drivers of locomotory behaviour in suspension-feeding sea cucumbers.
Interns, research assistants and NSERC USRA students
- Chris Negrijn (MUCEP 2006-07)
- Gina Doyle (MUCEP 2006-07)
- Nikita Laite (MUCEP 2008-10)
- Clare Lewis (MUCEP 2010)
- Karalee McAskill (MUCEP 2010-11)
- Christa Lee Spurrell (MUCEP 2011-12)
- Philip Sargent (Research Assistant 2007-12)
- David Forsey (MUCEP 2013)
- Hannah Anderson (Research Assistant 2013)
- Violaine Pemberton-Renaud (NSERC USRA 2013)
- Edison Santos (Science Without Borders 2013)
- Jessica Melvin (MUCEP 2013-14)
- Leah Robertson (MUCEP 2014-15)
- Tyler Engert (MUCEP 2014-15)
- Chelsea Bloom (MUCEP 2015)
- Michelle Valliant (MUCEP 2015-16)
Daily Planet segment on Mercier Lab (Discovery Channel, April 2013)
Video capsule (Radio-Canada) showing some students in action (January, 2012, in French)
More on the Mercier Lab