Mercier Lab -- People
At a friendly gathering in August 2009 [Left to Right: Zhao Sun (PhD), Gina Doyle (MSc), Nikita Laite (trainee), Justin So (MSc), Phil Sargent (Research Assistant)]
- Meghan Goobie (2008-09) -- The ecology of brittle stars in rhodoliths.
- Meredith Schofield (2008-09) -- Feeding ecology of deep-sea symbiotic species.
- Emily Doncaster (2009) -- Predation on lecithotrophic larvae.
- David Ross (2010-2011) -- Egg size and reproductive strategy in shallow-water vs. deep-sea echinoderms.
- Sandy Hamilton (2010-2011) -- Competitive aspects of shell selection by hermit crabs.
- Matthew English (2011-2012) -- Comparative study of sclerites in deep-water pennatulacean corals.
- Justin So (2006-2009) -- Determination of growth, habitat utilisation, predation and geneflow in Newfoundland populations of sea cucumbers Cucumaria frondosa.
- Zhao Sun (2006-2009) -- Reproductive biology of deep-sea soft corals in the Newfoundland & Labrador region. Co-supervisor E. Edinger (Biology).
- Sandrine Baillon (2008) -- Visiting from University of Western Brittany, ). Gametogenic synchronicity with respect to time, depth and location in three species of deep-sea echinoderms.
- Gina Doyle (2008-2011) -- Influence of environmental factors and spatial distribution on the reproduction of brittle stars.
- Katie Gale (2011- ) -- Deep-sea Asteroidea of eastern Canada: trophic ecology and species interactions.
- Zhao Sun (2009-2012) -- Occurrence and significance of offspring size variations: insights from brooding marine invertebrates.
- Sandrine Baillon (2010- ) -- Pennatulacean corals: role and importance as biogenic habitats in the bathyal zone of eastern Canada.