Nursing Research Unit
Memorial University School of Nursing established the Nursing Research Unit (NRU) in 1999 to support nursing research activities.
The mandate of the NRU is to enhance the development and dissemination of knowledge in nursing. This knowledge will inform practice and policies relating to nursing care and the delivery of nursing services to individuals, families, communities, populations, and health care organizations.
The goals of the NRU include building a nursing research infrastructure and network within Newfoundland by:
- developing partnerships with health care agencies and community organizations
- providing consultation to the nursing community, health care agencies and other organizations
- fostering interdisciplinary and collaborative research that is socially relevant
- offering research workshops and conferences
- providing professional contract research services
- providing research training opportunities
If you would like more information about the NRU and its services, please contact our coordinator, Joanne Smith-Young at (709) 777-7106 or firstname.lastname@example.org