Professional Development Information
Presentation Skills: Speaking with Confidence
Build skills needed to confidently deliver professional presentations every time!
Presentation Skills teaches techniques that enable participants to prepare, plan and deliver professional presentations. The module provides a supportive environment with ample opportunity to practice speaking on a variety of subjects. Immediate feedback is provided by the facilitator, fellow participants and through videotape review of practice presentations. Participants receive direction for improving speaking skills, increasing confidence and improving their comfort level when in front of an audience.
This is a module in the Professional Communication Skills Program.
Past Participants Said:
"The best training I have ever done. Hands down!!"
"This was the most positive and personal confidence builder course I have ever been involved with. I totally enjoyed this training and would enjoy to come back again."
"The information presented in this seminar can actually be used in my day job. Very practical!"
- Understand how to prepare an effective presentation
- Learn how to present with confidence in front of an audience
- Benefit from practice and immediate audience evaluation
- Build professional image
- Improve organizational effectiveness
- Build your self-confidence: Know you can do it!
- Build effective and confident organizational communicators
- Introduce strategies to help build a positive organizational image
- Encourage comprehensive and clear organizational presentations
Who Should Attend
Business professionals who are new to giving presentations or those wanting to improve their skills and increase confidence when presenting to an audience.
Build your business presentation skills through professional development in:
- Designing the presentation to fit the audience
- Planning and preparing an oral presentation
- Effectively delivering information
- Understanding the importance of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Using techniques to handle questions
- Evaluating the effectiveness of presentations
- Increasing your confidence in public speaking and presentation delivery
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 14
Past Participant(s) Said
"The best training I have ever done. Hands down!!" - Marc Harris, Inmarsat
"This was the most positive and personal confidence builder course I have ever been involved with. I totally enjoyed this training and would enjoy to come back again." -Gail Dinham
"The information presented in this seminar can actually be used in my day job. Very practical!" - Margaret Noel
Lynn Morrissey has over 25 years' experience as a facilitator, consultant, and educator. She has taught academic courses in communications, organizational behaviour, and human resources, at the Faculty of Business Administration, Memorial University. She has received many awards for her contributions including the Deans Teaching Award, the Deans Service Award, the Deans Citizenship Award, the Presidents Award for Distinguished Teaching and most recently the Queen`s Diamond Jubilee Medal (2012).
Lynn has a long-standing relationship with Gardiner Centre, instructing professional development seminars that focus on various fields of workplace communications and facilitation skills. Lynn's industry experience includes writing training and development strategies, developing training plans, leading performance development processes, conducting communications reviews, facilitating strategy sessions, and executive coaching.
In her 'spare time' Lynn is also Faculty Advisor for Enactus (formerly SIFE) Memorial, an international student organization focusing on enhancing entrepreneurial skills and community development. Under Lynn's mentorship, the Enactus Memorial team has consistently achieved top awards and accolades at both the national and international levels. In 2007 Lynn was awarded the John Dobson Faculty Advisor of the Year in Canada for her work with her Enactus team.