1. On your Blackberry device, go to the Home screen by clicking the Menu button.
2. At the Home screen, select the "Email Settings" icon (this could also be called Setup, Settings, Setup Wizard, Email Setup, BlackBerry Set-up, or Personal Email Set-up).
3. Select "Add An Email Account" to create a new email account (could also be called Add or Add My Existing Email Account)
4. Because the BIS setup attempts to "guess" settings based on your information, by default it will incorrectly set up your account. Once certain information is set (e.g. Username, protocol) they cannot be changed unless the account is recreated on your Blackberry. To work around this issue on first setup, you will enter an incorrect password for your account.
5. After you get the error indicating that it was not able to configure the email account, choose the "Provide Additional Settings" link. (could also be called "I will provide the settings to add this email account")
6. Select IMAP/POP, click "Next".
7. Use the following settings to configure your email account:
8. You will receive a confirmation that the account has been successfully created.
9. On the Home screen there will be an icon (e.g. envelope with globe) to access your account.
1. Open your web browser.
2. Click the Blackberry button and select Go To...
3. Type in http://m.google.ca/mail and press Enter.
4. Click Install Now.
5. Click Download.
6. Click Yes to give Gmail Trusted Application status.
7. Click Run (or open the application from the Home screen).
8. Enter your Memorial email address (YourEmailAddress@mun.ca) in the Email address: field.
9. Enter your Memorial password in the Password: field.
10. Click the Sign in button.
Click the Gmail icon to access your email in the future.
NOTE: If you have not already done so, you may wish to PIN-lock your Blackberry to protect the privacy of your email.