Checking software version on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
To check the firmware or software version on your Apple device (including iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch), you can follow the steps below on your device or check while your device is connected to a computer.
On your device:
- On your device's home screen, tap Settings
- Tap General
- Tap About
- Your device's exact software version is listed next to 'Version'
To upgrade to the latest software version, follow the instructions at http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/.
Connected to a computer:
- Open iTunes on your computer (the latest version of iTunes is recommended)
- Connect your device to the computer
- Select your device when it appears in iTunes under 'Devices'
- On the Summary tab, your device's exact software version is listed next to 'Software Version'
iTunes should tell you if your software is up to date or if you need to upgrade. Click the Check for Update button to update your software version.