For Distance Students
The Writing Centre is pleased to offer services for MUN distance students who are residing outside of the greater St. John's area.
Who qualifies for distance services?
- Students who live an hour or more outside of St. John's.
- If you live in the greater St. John's area (less than one hour away), we ask that you use our in-person services.
Online services work like in-person services
- Students can ask writing-related questions and submit documents for tutoring.
- Tutors provide feedback on student assignments and making suggestions on ways to improve student writing.
- Please be aware, though, that tutors DO NOT edit student work; instead tutors help students become better writers and self-editors.
Please keep in mind:
- Please do not request multiple sessions at the same time. We can only assign one request at a time.
- Students should expect a minimum 48-hour delay (2 business days) until a tutor is available.
- We encourage you to apply any feedback you receive during your session to future papers.
- Please send all attachments as .doc or .docx files.
- Note: If you submit a group paper, all of the authors must also send us an email granting us permission to work on the paper. Send emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other links for distance students: