For Distance Students
Note: The online service will be taken down at NOON on Friday, August 9. That is the last day we can accept online submissions during the summer semester. Our online service will resume in September for the fall semester.
The Writing Centre is pleased to offer services for MUN distance students who are residing outside of the greater St. John's area.
Who qualifies for distance services?
- Students who live an hour or more outside of St. John's.
- If you live in the greater St. John's area (less than one hour away), we ask that you use our in-person services.
Online services work like in-person services
- Students can ask writing-related questions and submit documents for tutoring.
- Tutors provide feedback on student assignments and making suggestions on ways to improve student writing.
- Please be aware, though, that tutors DO NOT edit student work; instead tutors help students become better writers and self-editors.
Please keep in mind:
- Please do not request multiple sessions at the same time. We can only assign one request at a time.
- Students should expect a minimum 48-hour delay (2 business days) until a tutor is available.
- We encourage you to apply any feedback you receive during your session to future papers.
- Please send all attachments as .doc or .docx files.
- Note: If you submit a group paper, all of the authors must also send us an email granting us permission to work on the paper. Send emails to: email@example.com.
Other links for distance students: