Bachelor of Nursing (three-year accelerated option)
The accelerated option is available for students who have completed at least a full two-years (a minimum of 20 courses) of a university undergraduate program.
This three-year option runs over eight consecutive semesters.
Applicants to the three-year accelerated option, must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission:
A. Required courses:
- Biology 2201 and 3201, or their equivalents
- Chemistry 3202, or equivalent
- Math 3200 or 3201, or equivalent
B. A minimum of 60 credit hours at the university level, which must include 12 credit hours from the following list:
- Six credit hours in English with a Critical Reading and Writing designation
- Three credit hours in sociology, anthropology or archaeology
- Psychology 1000, or equivalent
- Biochemistry 1430, or equivalent
- Biology 3053 (Microbiology), or equivalent
- Statistics 1510 (or STAT 1510, 2550, EDUC 2900, PSYC 2910, 2925) or a statistics course acceptable to the faculty.
- Three credit hours in philosophy, or Religious Studies 2610
Each of the courses listed above must be completed for the degree. Any of the courses listed above not completed prior to admission must be completed during the sequence of the program.
C. A minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
D. A minimum of 12 credit hours per semester in two of the last six semesters completed at the university level.
To apply for admission into the three-year accelerated option, indicate bachelor of nursing (collaborative) in the appropriate place on the undergraduate application for admission and select the accelerated option from the drop-down menu.