Getting a study permit




International students planning to study in Canada for more than six months require a study permit from the Government of Canada. You will start the study permit application process after you have applied for admission to Memorial University and received an acceptance letter. 

Please note that when you are offered admission to Memorial, the Office of the Registrar will provide electronic copies, via email, of the admission documentation required to apply for your study permit. These electronic documents can be uploaded as part of your online study permit application.


Undergraduate Admissions and Programs

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000