The Student Wellness & Counselling Centre offers non-urgent physical and mental health care to Memorial University (including affiliates) students and their spouses and children.
- Allergy shots
- Assessments for common medical problems (e.g. respiratory illness, urinary tract infection, back and muscle pain, headache, stomach issues, etc).
- Immunizations and TB skin testing
- Medical certificates
- Mental health assessments
- Pap tests
- Reproductive/Sexual health issues (e.g. birth control counseling and prescription, pregnancy etc).
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections (STI)
- Sports Medicine
- Injury and wound care
- IUD Insertions
- Mole/Toenail Removals
- Cryotherapy (wart removal)
- Pre-natal/newborn care
An appointment is appropriate for one issue. If you have other issues, you will need to book another appointment. You can discuss with the doctor which issue is more urgent. We require an in-office visit for medication renewals, so please call well in advance of running out of your medication.
Often a cold, sore throat or minor injury may occur overnight. There are a limited number of same-day appointments available for these purposes. If you wish to schedule an appointment for an acute problem such as these it is best to call early in the day, as these appointments go quickly.