International Student Work Experience Program (ISWEP)
As per institutional guidelines, students must be currently located in Canada in order to
work with Memorial University, including all MUCEP/ISWEP/GradSWEP jobs.
Spring 2021 ISWEP jobs will be posted from Friday, May 14 at 5:00 p.m. to Friday, May 21 at noon. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please note that hiring units are responsible for screening student applications and conducting interviews. Only those students invited for interviews will be contacted.
The International Student Work Experience Program (ISWEP) provides valuable work experiences for undergraduate international students and English as a Second Language (ESL) students with a valid study permit.
For examples of skills and competencies, click here.
View job postings
To view and apply to ISWEP job postings, please visit your My MUNLife account pages. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to my.mun.ca and login
- Click the "Student" link near the top of the page
- Click the "My MUNLife" button in the "Student Services" box in the middle of the page
- Once there, click on "Career"
- Click the "ISWEP Postings" tab
To be eligible for an ISWEP position, a student must:
- Be a full-time international undergraduate student.
- Be registered in at least three credit courses* during the semester or be doing a reduced course load as an accommodation through the Blundon Centre in accordance with the Accessibility for Students with Disabilities policy. If a student drops a course and is then taking less than three credit courses, they are no longer eligible for an ISWEP position.
- Have a 60% or above cumulative average or a 60% or above average in the last ten courses or may have an average below 60%, and applying with support through the Blundon Centre in accordance with the Accessibility for Students with Disabilities policy. (First year students have attained a 60% cumulative average because of the admission average.)
- Not work more than 80 ISWEP hours in a semester, or 80 hours of combined ISWEP and MUCEP positions.
- Not be on a work term during the semester in which the ISWEP application is submitted.
* Spring - one course registration is required.
All ISWEP students hired in the Spring 2021 semester should meet with the international student career coach, have their resume reviewed and discuss their ISWEP job. For more information about ISWEP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.