- New graduate students are encouraged to register for Pre-Arrival Webinars hosted by the School of Graduate Studies. These webinars provide information on cross-cultural learning, administrative matters, graduate student life, academic readiness and planning.
- The School of Graduate Studies, Student Life, and the Graduate Students' Union will host Graduate Orientation Tuesday, September 3rd on the St. John’s Campus for all new graduate students at Memorial University (those students admitted to graduate programs for the current year, from Winter to Fall semesters). Graduate Orientation is designed to help graduate students in their unique transition to graduate school. For more information and to register, please visit the Graduate Orientation website.
- Graduate students registered in online or mixed-mode graduate programs are invited to an Online Orientation Facebook Live panel sessions on Wednesday, August 28th and Thursday, August 29th.
- Graduate student families are invited to register for Family Orientation happening Monday, September 2nd. It will include presentations, panels, workshops, and tours which will provide information on resources available for student families. A breakout session especially for families of graduate students will be hosted by our Associate Dean, Dr. Danine Farquharson. All family members are welcome, this event is child-friendly!
- Our academic units also hold individual departmental/program orientation sessions. We encourage you to contact the Graduate Officer of your academic unit for more details on these events.
Graduate students are also welcome to attend Memorial University's general Fall Welcome Orientation events.