Catalyst Conference Fund for Public Engagement
OPEN NOW! (October 25, 2021)
Deadline EXTENDED: January 28th, 2022
Adjudication to take place in early to mid February, 2022
The Catalyst Conference Fund for Public Engagement supports conference organizers in creating opportunities for public engagement as part of large events. The fund is designed to support academic conferences that align with the goals and objectives of Memorial’s Public Engagement Framework by encouraging opportunities for public participation in conference activities.
Amount of award
The fund offers up to $5,000 to support academic conferences that demonstrate public involvement and engagement. A total of $25,000 is available in the fund for the 2021-22 fiscal year.
For program questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are looking for support in planning/executing your event, the team at Memorial’s Conference and Event Services can help. Email email@example.com to inquire or visit www.mun.ca/meet to learn about onsite, virtual and hybrid convening options as well as conference management services.
Awarded Conferences for 2020-21 Funding Cycle
1. Margo Wilson. Faculty of Medicine. Discipline of Emergency Medicne. Conference Title: Creating Space: The Canadian Association for Health Humanities.
2. Bojan Furst. The Harris Centre. Conference Title: ISISA 2021: Sharing Lessons: Sharing Stories. (The International Small Islands Studies Association).
3. Sulaimon Giwa. School of Social Work. Conference Title: LGBTQ2S+ Community and Police Action Dialogue.
4. Atanu Sarkar. Faculty of Medicne. Division of Community Health and Humanities. Conference Title: Regeneration: Soil, Food, Community
5. Anne Burke. Faculty of Education. Confrence Title: Augmenting Reality-Enhancing the Reach of Visual Arts and Literacy.