- PhD in Epidemiology, McGill University 1979. Career path in Public Health, Population-based Epidemiology and Health Policy both in Academia and Government.
- Provincial Epidemiologist, Saskatchewan 1981 – 1991.
- Associate Deputy Minister for Community Health, Saskatchewan 1989 – 1991.
- Founder, Saskatchewan Health Pharmacoepidemiology Unit, 1986.
- Founding Member of Canadian Association of Population Therapeutics (formerly Canadian Pharmacoepidemiology Forum).
- Professor of Epidemiology, School of Pharmacy and Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland 1991 – 2002 (Joint Appointment) - Associate Dean, Division of Community Health, Faculty of Medicine, 1996 – 2002 - Currently: o Professor Emeritus of Epidemiology, School of Pharmacy and Faculty of Medicine.
- Research and Publications include the areas of Pharmacoepidemiology (including Observational Studies), Pharmaceutical Policy, Public Health Policy, Cancer Control and Communicable Disease Control.